Bangladesh Army needs promising young men/women of right quality, educational potentiality and character traits for its Officers Corps. Army is a career of honour and dignity with challenging leadership. As an officer in the Bangladesh Army, you will be heir to a glorious tradition. So you decide yourself. You have following options:
BMA Regular Commission (Long Course)
To apply for a Commissioned Officer you must be:
- 17 -21 years old on January 01 or July 01 of the year of admition and 18-22 years for those who are already serving in the Armed Forces.
- A Bangladeshi citizen.
- Not married.
- Having passed SSC and HSC exam both with minimum GPA-5.0 for BMA Long Course and GPA-3.5 for DSSC & BMA Special Courses. For candidates of English Medium, in 'O' level at least 04xA*/A grade and 02xB grade out of 06 subjects and in 'A' level at least 01xA grade and 01xB grade out of 02 subjects have to be obtained.
- A standard physical fitness as described under :
- Height 1.63 meter / 5ft 4 inchs
- Weight 50 KG (110 pound)
- Chest 0.76 Meter (30 Inch) Normal, 0.81 Meter (32 Inch) Expanded
- Height 1.60 meter / 5ft 2 inchs
- Weight 47 KG (104 pound)
- Chest 0.71 Meter (28 Inch) Normal, 0.76 Meter (30 Inch) Expanded
Direct Short Service Commission
The professional branches of the Army (the Army Medical Corps, Army Dental Corps, Army Education Corps - the Judge Advocate General's Branch, Corps of Engineers, Electricaland Mechanical Engineering Corps and Army Signal Corps) provide civilian degreed leaders a means to receive a Direct Short Service Commission in their career field. Specially designed courses contain instruction in military history, Army leadership, military customs and career oriented classes.
Persons who gain a Direct Commission will receive the rank determined by their career branch.
Explore your area of expertise a little further and see what the Army has to offer:
Army Medical Corps (AMC)
Army Medical Corps (AMC) is one of the largest and most advanced health care systems in Bangladesh. Commissioned Officers in the Army Medical Corps are on the cutting edge of medicine and gain the satisfaction of serving our nation and our Soldiers.
Army Dental Corps (ADC)
Army dental Corps (ADC) is another advanced health care systems in Bangladesh. Commissioned Officers and highly qualified Soldiers in the Army Dental Corps provide their service to the highest satisfaction of our nation and our Soldiers
Army Education Corps( Judge Advocate General's Branch)
The Army Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps was established to ensure a smooth judicial system for the serving Bangladesh Army personnel.
Corps of Engineers
Corps of Engineers of Bangladesh Army is engaged in various construction projects both at home and in UN peace keeping missions. Corps of Engineers of Bangladesh Army is working very successfully in demining operations at Operation Kuwait Punorgothon since 1991.
Corps of Signals
Corps of Signals of Bangladesh Army is engaged in various communication duties both at home and in UN peace keeping missions.
Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
Electrical and Mechanical Engineering corps of Bangladesh Army is engaged in various repair and recovery duties both at home and in UN peace keeping missions.
Army Education Corps
The Army Education Corps was established to ensure educational training for the serving Bangladesh Army personnel and cadets.
Join Bangladesh Army